Thursday, August 1, 2013

Immortals by Ednah Walters

Immortals (Runes #2) 



Title: Immortals (Runes 2)
 Author: Ednah Walters
  Published: August 5, 2013
 self-published
Format: e-book
 Source: for review











 


*May contain spoilers from first book.
 
Raine knew that making a deal with Norns was not a good idea, but apparently the consequence was the Norns wiping Torin’s memory. Raine tries to make him remember her, but he swears that he doesn’t know what she is talking about. Torin is back to his cocky self that often infuriates Raine, and she still has to decide if she wants to become a Valkyrie.
 
Raine’s mother warns her that she shouldn’t push Torin to remember, but Raine doesn’t know what to do. She still has to face the Norns and try to figure how much truth is in what they tell her. Eirik and Cora are still by her side, and she knows that both have feelings for each, but are being stubborn about it. It strains her relationship with them both a little bit, but Eirik starts to act a little strange.
 
The Norns warn her that she has to save Eirik by becoming a Norn. She knows that they are trouble makers, but when her friend is in danger, it makes her question truth from lies.
Will Raine be able to make Torin remember her in enough time to save Eirik?
 
I couldn’t believe the ending of the first book, and was excited to read the sequel. I was so upset that Torin lost his memory and hated that he reverted back to his cockiness that he started out with in the first book. There were times I thought it was a little bit funny, but I did feel bad for Raine. I do like them together and Torin has grown on me some. But, I found myself liking the mythology more than the romance, which is usually not the case for me because I usually only read books if it has romantic aspects in it. But, then again, I’ve always loved mythology.
 
I still really like Eirik and am glad that he made a lot more appearances.
I can’t wait to see what is in store for him in the next book. I still wish he could have been with Raine. Just once, I would like the girl to be with the childhood friend. Oh well, I digress.
 
I absolutely loved that more mythology is included and enjoyed Mrs. Walters take on Norse mythology. I can’t wait to see how it plays out even more in the next book.


 
 
Displaying asyouwishtoursbutton.png

5 comments:

  1. I loooove Eirik too. Happy you enjoyed it and thanks for participating in the tour. Donbn't forget to post the review on Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your review and the giveaway. Immortals sound like a great book. evamillien at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one before and I really like the sound of it. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I'm adding this book to my to-read list :)

    Ann@Blogging E-book

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Book looks absolutelyUnderrated Books
    amazing. thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed reading your post. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort on your blog. I appreciate your effort. Please check out my site. college books

    ReplyDelete