Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach

Wake Unto Me 


Title: Wake Unto Me
 Author: Lisa Cach
  Published: March 31, 2011
Publisher: Speak
Format: paperback
 Source: owned













Caitlyn Monahan is different than her peers. Ever since she started to dress goth, she’s been called Moan-n-Groan. She doesn’t feel like she belongs. Her mom died when she was 4, and apparently predicted her own death.
Caitlyn has nightmares often and call them Screechers. She tries to talk to her dad about them, but he doesn’t understand. A while back, she applied to the Fortune School.

She’s excited when she finds out she’s accepted, and gets a full-ride.
Before she leaves for Paris, she has a dream of her mother where she tells her she’ll find her love in Paris. There is a mysterious group, the Sisterhood of Fortune, that is the main reason that Caitlyn has the opportunity to attend, but are there plans for her sinister?

There were times I struggled to keep reading through it, but I ended up liking this quite a bit. I love how this book ended. I didn’t like Raphael a lot at first, but I grew to like him. I definitely wish he was more in the novel, but I did like that he appeared in a different time

I thought the beginning of the story was a little rushed. I would have loved to learn more about the people at her school. I also didn’t like how her friends were when they found out she was going to school in France. They’ve been friends for a while, and just all of the sudden stop hanging out or really talking just because she’s going to France?

That really irked me. I thought the girls at the Fortune School were okay for the most part. I liked Naomi the best out of all of them. Eventually, some of the girls I couldn’t stand eventually didn’t bug me as much.

I’m not sure if there’s going to be a next book or not, but the way it ends just leaves me with more questions. I definitely would pick up the sequel if there ever is one.


 

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice review! I read this one a few years ago and liked it as well! Thought it had an interesting twist! Can't remember much though!

    ReplyDelete